Monday, August 6, 2012

Portland RMLS Market Action Report – June 2012


The Regional Multiple Listing Service released the Market Action Report this week and the median sale price for June 2012 was $242,000; this is an 8.6% increase from the median sale price for June 2011.
The Portland residential real estate market peaked in August 2007 with a median sale price of $302,000. Prices fell 30% from that peak before bottoming in January 2012 with a median sale price of $207,500. Prices have risen 16.6% from the bottom.
Months of supply (total inventory/monthly sales) sits at 3.9 months compared to the 6.0 months of supply for the same month last year. A balanced market has about 7 months of supply.
The first graph compares the median and average sale price with the months of supply. Click on any graph for a sharper image.

 
The second graph shows the total supply of homes available for sale. This is simply a calculation of the months closed sales multiplied by the months of supply. There are currently 8,751 homes for sale; this is a decrease of 25.5% from the same month the year before.

 
The third chart shows closed sales by month. There were 2,244 closed sales during the month; an increase of 14.6% from the same month the year before.


The fourth chart shows new listings by month. There were 3,208 new listings during the month; an increase of 2.1% from the same month the year before.


 
The final graph shows how affordable the median priced home is for a family of four. History indicates the ratio is usually between 2.5 and 3.0. Prices would have to fall 10.74% from the current median for the ratio to reach 3.0.
 



6 comments:








amit

said...

Thanks for such a simple yet SWEET idea! I’m enjoying playing with my punches right now…thanks for


Residential Real Estate for Rent





amit

said...

Thanks for such a simple yet SWEET idea! I’m enjoying playing with my punches right now…thanks for


Residential Real Estate for Rent





NaLimA KaPooR

said...

Hello your post is really too informative
And i recommend to choose residential property in
Eldeco Projects in Noida
for best deals,also recommends to invest in
Eldeco Group
for best return on investment.this is my personnel opinion and experience.





Janice Rafael

said...

The subsequent time I learn a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as considerably as this 1. I imply, I do know it was my choice to learn, but I genuinely thought youd have 1 thing fascinating to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something which you may well fix in case you werent too busy searching for attention.
sell my house fast austin





Florescaroly

said...

Browse these homes for sale in Red Deer, Alberta to find the perfect home!  View virtual tours, send my listings to family and friends, and use my exciting map search!





Luke Johnson

said...

It looks like now is the time to buy a home in Portland. The chart shows that current prices are much cheaper than a few years ago but are also on the rise. I would love to live in that area of the country, with all the forestry and cool climate. I think I am going to pay a visit this summer to Portland.

Luke | http://www.rubynw.com/sell-now